Monday, June 29, 2009

Road to Pregnancy Day 420

Well, it's been an interesting summer so far. I've already gotten blood work twice, and had a sonogram on Saturday on my way out to Oklahoma to visit Suzanne, Amy, and Emily.
We found that everything seems fine up in there, and I was given a prescription to take starting tomorrow. I've heard that there are pretty bad hot flashes associated with this prescription, so I hope that they only last the 5 days that I have to take the pill.

It's actually quite a process...much more intricate than I thought. I assumed that it would be more like birth control...you take a pill everyday, you pee on a stick when it's time to ovulate, you take care of business if the stick turns the right shade of pink, then you wait and do it all over again if needed. Instead, you take a pill for 5 days, then start peeing on the stick. If it turns pink before day 14, you call the doctor and go in for another sonogram before "taking care of business" to make sure that you don't have too many eggs, and become another Octamom or Kate Gosslin. Then, if you are cleared, you're ok to go, otherwise, I'm guessing they suggest that you hold off for the next cycle. If by day 14 nothing has happened, then you go in for another sonogram to see if the pill is working, followed by 7 more days of peeing on a stick, and in for another sonogram if it turns pink. I'm guessing it's at this point that you lose all modesty.

I've always wanted twins, so hopefully this is God's way of giving them to me, but we'll take what he decides to bless us with. On that note, we will be heading off to our adoption orientation on July 24-25, and I am SO excited to see how God uses us in this way. Please continue to pray that we see the direction He is pointing us be it adopting now, waiting a year or two, or even waiting for natural children to be a bit older, then adopting siblings...we really are open to wherever he leads us.

As many of you say, it's not a post without pictures, so here's my July "pregnancy kit". The 5 pills are $80, but Blue Cross/Blue Shield was gracious enough to pay $12.66 of it, so that paid for most of the ovulation kit. Glad to know that all that money I give them each month is being put to good use! :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm on day 866. Whew! It's a beating!