Friday, June 19, 2009

Strange Events in a Parking Lot

My mom and I went to Michael's the other day to get supplies for the invitations and a couple of other things. While we were about to cross the street in front of the store, a man stopped, rolled down his window, and asked where there was a Foot Locker. We weren't positive, but we told him about the shoe store a couple of stores down, said there were a couple of others in the exterior part of the mall, and instructed him how to drive around that, and then told him there were also many inside the mall. He thanked us, and as he was driving off, an older lady stopped to ask us where some other store was. While my mom was giving her directions, a younger woman walked up and asked us how to get to Crate and Barrel. At first I gave her directions to the Container Store, then I realized my mistake and told her that I didn't think we had a Crate and Barrel anywhere near here. She thanked us and left, and my mom and I walked into Michael's with the older woman.

We shopped for about half an hour, checked out, and then as we were crossing the parking lot, another young woman pulled up next to us and asked us where the Parks Mall was. We pointed to it, she thanked us, and then we began laughing. I guess we looked super suit and helpful that day!

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's really funny! You just looked like you knew where everything was. By the way, the invitations are super cute. Good job!

JB

Gena said...

Hmmmm. I have no idea.....You must have really looked like a local. Tree-huggerish/granola?

Staci said...

That's funny!! Were you wearing an official looking shirt? I don't think I've had that many people stop me and ask for directions in such a short period of time!