I went to Oklahoma on Saturday to visit a few friends. The trip up there was
brutal. Let me start by stating that on the way to the dr. that morning, I-20 was closed down completely 5 miles in each direction, as well as on 360 for a couple of miles, making my light at Matlock and 20 a bit long. Then, since I was coming from the mall area instead of home, I took 287N up to 35N, only they decided to close the entire highway down at Rosedale, and I didn't notice the sign or I would have taken 820. So, I was stuck in that traffic being forced to exit the highway onto a one lane access road. That took a while...we finally got going though, and I got on 35. Unfortunately, 35 is NEVER done, and between Denton and Gainsville, it was down to one lane...another parking lot. I wasn't feeling well as it was, having PMS plus some discomfort from the earlier doctors office when she pressed on my ovaries with a wand, so I was
NOT happy at this moment. We finally got going though, and I stopped and Mac Donald's to use their bathroom and buy a guilt burger (for using their bathroom).
My first stop was an old college friend, Amy's, house. We talked for a few hours until Suzanne was ready to go out to dinner. Then, after
MUCH discussion about where we were going to eat, we ended up at an OKC staple, Ted's. It's a Mexican restaurant that everyone raves about. The Sunday after church lines were always 3 hours plus when there was only one location.
Afterwards, we headed to
Cuppies and Joe for, well, what else...cupcakes and frappachino. Here is the HORRIBLE picture of me there, about to take a bite out of my vanilla bean cupcake with cream cheese icing...YUM! You'll have to see the other terrible pictures of me on Suzanne's blog soon...right Suzanne...it is coming soon?!? :)

I headed back to Amy's where we stayed up really late. We went to Starbucks in the morning for more frappachino's, ran a few errands, then went to City Bites, my favorite sandwich place. Oh how I miss you
City Bites...I'd take you over a Sonic burger any day!


Next time you're heading this way, you may have to bring me a mesquite chicken sandwich Suzanne! I think I'm going through withdrawls right now...the 3
giant cookies I brought home will have to tide me over for a while I guess.
I dropped Amy back off at her place, picked up my stuff, and headed to Emily's to visit for a couple of hours, and see her 6 month old baby. What a cutie! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of them...shame on me.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you got to come to town! I had fun Saturday night!
Ted's and Beauchamp. WHY was I not called? ;)
Post a Comment