Thursday, June 25, 2009

2nd Anniversary

Tuesday was a great day. Since Mitch had to work, I went to hang out with my mom for the day. We started out by shopping for Ivonne, her adopted daughter in Mexico. We bought her tons of clothes, and lots of High School Musical party stuff for her birthday party. We were both supposed to go to Mexico on Saturday to visit her, but due to the Swine Flu outbreak, the doctor nixed it because of my mom's transplant. I hope that we are able to see her next year. It was a blast spending way too much money on her. I love shopping for her twice a year!

I came home early to get cleaned up and ready to go eat. We went to Texas de Brazil again this year, but this time, we had a coupon from their email club, so I got to eat for free! They give you a free meal for your birthday, anniversary, Father's Day, and Mother's Day. It was so good. As you can see by my plate, the salad bar was a bigger hit for me than the meat. I ate tons of potatoes and cheeses. The potatoes au gratin were delish, and the potato salad was so right and creamy, not to mention the perfectly seasoned mashed potatoes. Then there was the endless supply of cheese. (I like to get the cheese and then eat it with the meat to give better flavor to the meat.)
On the way home, we decided to pick up some dessert to go from Friday's because neither of us were ready for it at the restaurant, but we thought we may want it later.Then it was time to open gifts.
(I thought this Home Depot gift card was perfect for out anniversary.)
After which, Mitch played with my new gift. (I tried it out the next morning...SO FUN!, and I must say that I have GREAT balance!)

4 comments:

Gena said...

Happy anniversary! You guys go all out...

suzspeaks said...

Cute picture! You look pretty... and I want to go to that restaurant!! yum!

Staci said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2 years-my how time flies!

- Julie