Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend with the Kids

Last weekend, I met Katie down in West to pick up her three kids. I stopped in at the Czech Stop, and bought a few things to get us through the weekend. We had never stopped there before, but I LOVED it! I'm seeing a new tradition coming! Anyway, the kids got in my car and we stopped at the Sonic next door for dinner. Katie got out of there after about 15 minutes, but it took us another 15 minutes to get our food. It was a little annoying, but we were having fun in the car together.

On the way home, Hannah was telling me about some of the Latin she's learning this year, and Mya started speaking German. She basically knew how to say, "Do you speak English?" then she asked if I knew how to speak German. I told her I knew a bit more, so she asked me how to say yes, and I told her. Then she asked how to say no, and right before I told her, Hannah said, "Uhg". I didn't know what was going on at the time until I told them, and then Mya started laughing. She apparently did not know how to say no, so that's what she had told Hannah to say. It was pretty funny.

When we got home, it was pretty late, so I let the kids play a couple of rounds of Mario Cart, then we went to the rooms and read. Mitch and I were so tired that we went straight to bed after that (at 9:30 on a Friday!)

On Saturday, we headed to Hawaiian Falls. I bought a family pass online, so we paid $20 each for tickets, then spent $1 more each for unlimited drinks, and our choice of any lunch in the park. When we got there, it was pretty empty, so we were able to set up wherever we wanted. We picked a picnic table, and started swimming.
The kids had a blast, and as soon as we got back in the car, Cole looked like this.

Sunday was church, lunch at Red Robin, and naps all around followed by a couple of hours of Wii, then we were off to The Purple Cow. It was good, but we finished much later than expected, and didn't get home until 9:30. It was straight to bed with no stories for the kids.
On Monday, we got up, got the kids ready, and headed back to Czech Stop to drop the kids back off and pick up another batch of goodies.

It was a great weekend!

2 comments: