Here's how it works. Just like a pregnancy test, you pee on a stick. There are many different price ranges of sticks to choose from. You can try the $13 Target brand or the $20 Clear Blue Easy. If you pick one of these, you have to look at two lines on the stick and try to determine if they are both the same shade of pink. WHAT? I don't have a pinkness scale here at home. Sometimes only one line shows up. Sometimes there is a light pink line, and a dark pink line. Sometimes there is a really dark stripe in the line. Never have the two lines looked the same though.
You can also opt for the $30 CBE digital ovulation test. If you use this one, there are no lines for you to try to decipher. You simply pee on the stick and you either get an empty circle, or a happy face. Excellent...for more than double the price, they have made an idiot proof pee stick. So what's the problem? I've never had a happy face. $100s of dollars have been spent on these sticks...I really should consider buying stock in one of the companies. BUT, I have NEVER had a positively positive reading...until this weekend.
I peed on the line stick, and was shocked to find that the two pinks were clearly the same color. Later, I decided to use my last digital test just to make sure. Sure enough, there was a beautiful happy face smiling up at me.
SUCCESS! Now, if we could just make the pregnancy tests show the same results. (Those are not as difficult to read from what I've heard...thanks goodness for that!)
Since no post is the same without a picture, here is a picture of the two tests...enjoy!
4 comments:
Good Luck! I have been hoping and praying for all that you are going through.
Amy Murphree
Always praying for you!
Good luck! That is really exciting!
Yay for a happy face!!! I always used the saliva OPK's rather than the POAS ones. They're pretty frustrating to decipher. Belive me...a +HPT is EASY to read! I hope you see one soon!
Post a Comment