Monday, June 13, 2011

THIS is Summer?

It's day two of summer, and at after falling asleep at 2:15, I was awakened by the sweet sound of my one year old screaming in his crib for momma to get him out!

We got up and had breakfast, but clearly I was quite tired because when he was done with his eggs, I went to pick him up and noticed a nice pile of dark poo in the corner of his chair. As I started changing his diaper, I realized that only half was cover his butt. NICE

While washing his poo covered highchair cover and Summer Spectacular t-shirt, I decided to thrown in his changing pad cover, I was pretty sure that it had not come through the incident unscathed, as well as his other dirty laundry and his cool-aid stained sheets (I tried cool-aid when we were forcing liquids down him...BIG mistake...EVERYTHING turned red)!

I have had a fussy toddler all morning, so we tried a nap at 8:30. This lasted for about 20 minutes because I had put said toddler on a plastic mattress with no sheets. After another hour of fussiness, we tried a second nap. I now have a napping boy on the floor of his bedroom...we'll see how long this one lasts. I guess I need to put new sheets on his bed...it's just such a pain with bumpers on it!

Oh yeah...and it's only 10:30.

Since no post is a real post without a picture, here's one of Witten playing. This is NOT from today! There has been NO happy playtime today!

No comments: