Wednesday, August 08, 2012

A Locked Door and a Trip Through the Window

This morning when we were playing in the living room, I looked out and realized that the pool desperately needed some water.  I ran out to turn on the water, and when I got back to the door, it was locked and Witten was standing there.  I was yelling at him to unlock the door, and he was trying, but the lock sticks, and he couldn't get it open.

I started panicing because I had no phone, no key, no garage door opener, and I didn't have anything on under my shirt, so I really wasn't prepared to go borrow a phone from a neighbor.  Looking around the yard, and hearing Witten crying some and trying to open the door, I remembered that I had yelled at the dogs from Mitch's bedroom window that morning, and I hadn't locked it back yet. 

Getting the window open wasn't too hard.  Climbing through it was another matter.  The window is up to my chest, and I'm not as strong as I used to be.  I thought about stepping on the dog kennel, but quickly realized that that wouldn't work.  Then I saw the patio chairs, so I grabbed one with arms and pulled it up to the window.  The chair is very light though, and I was struggling to figure out how to stand on both arms without knocking it over.  Eventually, I got it done, threw Mitch's lamp onto the bed, and crawled in through the window onto his nightstand.  It's a good thing I'm short because I was able to pull my right leg through while my torso was still in the opening.  Mitch would have had to just go head first and hope for the best. 

I did get some scrapes and scratches, and I'm sure that it was pure adriniline that got me through without noticing that it hurt.  I also managed not to break anything!

No comments: