Today, we were planning on working on the play room for the bulk of the day. But, with the rain and cooler temperatures, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to get some work done in the garage. Currently, we can't fit either car in. The goal is to be able to get one in and get the other side organized, then we'll work on getting the second car in. I have never lived in a household where we kept cars outside, so it seems wrong to me to have them there. (Admittedly, it's probably easier to get the kids in and out when the car is outside though.)
Anyway, I didn't take any before pictures because I didn't think about it but let's just say, we left a path from the driveway to the house door, and from the door to the work bench.
This is what the kids were doing while we worked.
Reese was great. She looked around and watched what was going on for a long time, but eventually, we just wore her out.
Witten took a super long nap. He had been down for 2 1/2 hours which for him is almost double his normal nap expectancy! I finally went and got him up because it was 5pm. When he came outside, it had started raining, and he was so excited when I said that he could play in it.
His favorite thing to do was stand right under where the rain was running off the roof and let it fall on his back.
Not only were we able to get a lot done in the garage, but we also did a lot to the play room once the kids were asleep. That'll have it's own post when it's finished though.
No comments:
Post a Comment