Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memorial Day

I went to Temple this weekend to spend time at the Thigpen's house. Julie invited a few of us out to have a relaxing weekend out in Temple. Mitch and I joined Julie and Justin, Joanna, and Brent. We got out there on Friday night, and her parents grilled burgers for us. They were really good, and it was nice to be away from home. We sat outside and talked for a while before coming in and watching the end of the Mavs game. Julie asked if we wanted to watch a movie, and we chose The Interpreter. (I am a personal blockbuster, so I usually take about 5 when I go to someone's house.) Justin unfortunately didn't want to watch that one, and when he got outvoted, he chose to go upstairs, luring Brent and eventually Julie too. (That's what seems to happen a lot. Justin doesn't like the decision we make and goes off to do something else, therefore pulling away other people. It seems a lot like Jr. High and again, and I can't believe that I find myself in situations where I'm around these people who still act like this.) Anyway, we got up on Saturday morning, and Julie's mom made pancakes for us. It was SO great! Then we all went sailing on Lake Belton. I had never been sailing, so it was way fun! Here are some pictures.

This is Joanna and Brent. Brent decided to have a bit of fun with the beach towels.

Jim and Julie Thigpen.

Wow! Is my boyfriend a stud or what?!? Sometimes I can't even belive that he's FINALLY mine!

All in all, it was a great weekend!

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

SAILING!! How fun - I've always wanted to go - maybe someday. And yes...your BF is a cutie!!

glad you had a good weekend!

Staci said...

That sounds like fun! Did you know that my parents are from Temple? All of my dad's family still lives there :)