Monday, March 05, 2007

Engagement Part 2...

On Friday night, Mitch came to pick me up, and he took me to Simply Fondue. When we got there, there was a single long-stemmed red rose waiting for us at a table, along with the nicest card I have ever received. The rose was so beautiful, and he had gone to Pier 1, my favorite store, to buy a vase that I LOVE. Dinner lasted 3 hours, but it was so much fun! We have never been to a fondue place before, so it was a lot of fun.
After dinner, he took me back to my place and there were more red roses in yet another vase from Pier 1. This vase was African, and I can tell that a lot of thought was put into picking it out. Next to those flowers was another card that actually trumped the first one. He sat me down on the couch, and started saying a lot of nice things that I can't remember because I began my out of body experience at that point. After that, he sang to me, and then got down on one knee, told me how much he loved me, and proposed. I of course said yes, and then we prayed together.
It was so beautiful. I can't wait to live my life with Mitch.

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Your ring is so beautiful! I'm excited for you!

Juli Beth

Staci said...

What a sweetheart! What did he sing to you! I love how ya'll prayed together after he proposed. So important!

Oh...I LOVE YOUR RING!!!!

Rebecca said...

Mitch sang "Annie's Song" by John Denver. So great!!! I'm glad you love the ring...although it is my favorite ring, I didn't realize how great it was until Sunday when a guy sitting 5 people down from us said that he almost asked me to cover it because it was glaring so bright in his eyes.