Spring Break was crazy! I didn't see my house in daylight until Friday, and even then, it wasn't a long time. Here's the breakdown:
Monday:
Yukky Dr. Appointment and the gym for 2 hours...NOT GOOD (the appointment, not the gym)! I cried all day. So, I guess I did see my house that day, but I have blocked Monday almost out of my memory.
Tuesday:
Bought the cake, my jewelry, the bridesmaids jewelry, my mom's outfit, and my dress.
Wednesday:
Flowers and church decorations, and then the photographer. We actually had planned to go with Karol Adrion, but she gave my date away and didn't tell me, so then I found someone else. I want the photo journalistic type pictures, and this place said that they could do that. When we got there, their pictures were horrible, and I almost started crying. I was having a hard time because the wedding is so soon, and in June, and that's the biggest wedding month. I really thought I was never going to find a photographer.
Then we passed by Southern Flair Photography and I called to see if they had an opening to talk to us. They did, and my mom and I went in there. It turns out that it is a family from North Davis that owns the place, and the head of the English department at the school I teach at is related to them. I saw their pictures, and they are SO good. Then they showed me their albums, and they are amazing. They even have this new type of album, and we're going to be the guinna pigs for it, so they're just throwing them in for no charge.
Those two things took all day.
Thursday:
Joanna and I went out to find the bridesmaids dresses. We found the perfect dress at a bridal store, and then found the exact same dress at JC Penny for 1/2 the price. We ordered all 3, and we bought their shoes as well as mine. Then Jo and I just hung out for the day. It was really great. (We actually met Julie Thigpen at the mall after work and she tried on the dress. Then we ordered them.)
Friday:
I finally got to go to the gym again, and then I went to meet a caterer after making lots of phone calls. It took my an hour and a half to get home because of a wreck, although it had only taken me 20 minutes to get there.
It was such a busy week, but we got SO much done, and I was grateful to have that time to work on the wedding. I'm hoping to have the whole thing done by the time school gets out, and that's looking like it's going to happen.
Sorry, no pictures this time. I don't want to say too much about the specifics of the wedding because if I get it pulled off how it's pictured, I would like for it to be a surprise to everyone.
5 comments:
I'm so excited for you!! So much fun! I can't wait to see it all!! What is your wedding date???
nevermind...June 23rd!! But, where? At PR??
Sounds like you have been pretty busy! I'm glad that you were able to use your time off to get so much done.
Juli Beth
I love how quick you got some of your stuff done! I only had 3 months to plan my wedding...more than enough time in my mind!
Yea, June 23rd at Pleasant Ridge.
Post a Comment