Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Birthday Weekend

It's so great for Mitch's sister's family to be back in the country! They lived in New Zealand for a few years, and it was hard for anyone to visit them. I had seen them on two different occasions before we got married, and had spent a little time with them, but I know that everyone was ready for them to move closer to the family again. (Mark is from New Zealand, and they bought a house up the hill from his parents when they lived there.)
They moved to Austin in December, and we went down for Hannah's birthday last weekend. She had a Hannah Montana birthday party at the gym that she goes to.

They went to a special bakery to get the guitar shaped cake. The icing was very thick. Cole only ate half a piece because he was sick, so I got the other half of his small piece. Upon further examination, I realized that there was about a quarter inch piece of cake covered in three quarters of an inch of icing. It was crazy!

On Sunday, Mark said he was going to the gardening store. A little while later, as Mya and Cole were gearing up to bake special sugar cookies, he came running into the house to get the kids outside. There was a HUGE tractor coming down the street with a mound of dirt in it. I didn't get a picture of that, but it looked a lot like Cole's tractor, but red and bigger.

Mark went and got Cole's tractor out of the garage, and Cole drove the dirt, one scoop full at a time over to the garden area. Everyone else grabbed buckets because Mark hadn't thought to buy a wheel barrel.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Brody would LOVE that tractor!!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm so glad that his family is closer to you guys!!! Isn't it fun getting to enjoy your nieces and nephews?

JB