Ok, so I don't have any cute pictures of kids painting Easter eggs, dressed up in their new outfits, or hunting eggs. My Easter was a bit different than that of the rest of you.
We spent our last day in Germany on Easter. It was a little snowy, beautiful outside. Germans take Easter very seriously, as they do family time. Everything normally closes around 6pm, on Saturdays the stores are closed no later than 4, and on Easter Sunday, NOTHING was open. We had thought about getting up to go to a German Easter Mass, but decided to spend our last day revisiting the castles due to the blizzard we got caught in on Thursday. (More on that later.)

We started out the morning going into Austria to visit the
Swarovski Crystal Museum (about an hour in the opposite direction of the airport, our final destination for the day.) It was weird to say the least. I actually felt a little gross when we got out. They had new age music playing, incense burning, shirts flying, and pants dancing. That's right...flying shirts and dancing pants. We had only seen the outside of the building on a brochure, and wanted to go check it out. I'm glad we did, but I won't want to return on our next trip to Germany.


Next, we drove an hour west (also in the wrong direction of the airport) to the castles. We had to hike up to the bridge where we could see the castle because the buses weren't running due to snow and rain. I'll have to admit that it hurt. My legs were burning by the time we got the the top. We had just hiked this huge incline 3 times two days before, and had not really recovered from that apparently. My lungs were doing great which surprised me. It's not normally my legs that are my weakness, but I think I must have strained a couple of muscles. And, I was wearing my dress (and by dress, I of course mean Sunday pants) pair of Doc Martin's as I was not expecting the hike.

We were glad to actually see the castle from the hill this time.



Notice the difference between these pictures and the ones a couple of blogs ago?
Finally at 3, we navigated our way back to the airport and dropped off the car. We didn't find a gas station before we got to the airport, so we ended up paying their rate of 3 Euros a liter. The bill was 90 Eros, which came up to about $130-$140. I wish we had gotten to a gas station!
I had to get a picture of my man taking care of all of the bags but his rolly carry-on. He had both of our check bags, my carry-on, and my camera bag.

We finally checked in to our last hotel, the
Sheraton at the airport, and we finally got to share a bed again. (More on that later too.)
3 comments:
Those pictures are amazing!!!!! Thanks for the bday wishes!
What an amazing place to be on Easter!
So fun!!! I've been to the crystal museum and I loved it. I don't remember shirts and pants though. It looks like you guys have had a great time!!!
JB
Post a Comment