Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Botched Christmas Gift
Do you ever find it hard to shop for your grandparents? I mean, they have plenty of money, and buy stuff when they want it. They don't need any more pictures and frames. Where would they put them? Mine don't decorate for Christmas anymore because it's too hard, so you can't get them ornaments. There are only so many Sudoku and crossword puzzle books that you can buy someone. This left me with one option. A book. My grandma loves to read, and like me, she loves mysteries. I was browsing through the mystery section and found a serious about a detective in Venice. I bought a couple for my grandma, and a couple for me, knowing that we would trade when we were done. Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks later when she brought the books to me, and she said that they were good, but it took a little getting used to the fact the the female character in one of them had a female partner! My mom was there with me, and can attest for the fact that at that moment, my mouth dropped to the floor, and my face got pale. Who buys their grandma a book with lesbians in it? I DO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Becky! LOL!
Oh my goodness!!!! I am laughing so hard!!! That is hilarious.
JB
YIKES!!!! LOL!!!
Post a Comment