Thursday, April 10, 2008

Employee Discount

This weekend I spent time using the teachers version of an employee discount. Borders was having their teacher appreciation sale, and EVERYTHING was 25% off. (Barnes and Noble doesn't even come close to this with their version of teacher appreciation.) I stopped by after school on Friday for my first round of shopping, but a stomach virus of some sort crept up on me at lunch, and I couldn't concentrate on shopping, so only $33 later (a pack of blank note cards, a new mystery book that I may or may not ever get around to reading, and the DVD Emma) I left. On Saturday, I managed to get my stomach together enough to go for a real shopping trip, and this time, I took Mitch.

We got a couple of gifts for our nieces and nephews, and a pair of fairy wings for our nieces to play dress up with when they are at our house. We also bought the 6 hour, A&E version of Pride and Prejudice with Collin Firth and Little Women on DVD. We haven't seen it that version of Pride and Prejudice, but own the 2005 version and LOVE it. I've been wanting to see this one and it was 25% off. We also bought 6 decks or really nice cards in tin cases to give as gifts when needed, and a couple of pens. Mitch found a really boring book (I say that because I would never read it, so of course it must be boring) and I found another book for myself to add to the ever growing collection of 'need to reads'. I wasn't prepared for the total that popped up on the screen, but after the 25% discount and $55 in gift cards that I get frequently from my Borders credit card, we walked out of there for under $90. I'd say that for an English teacher coming out of a book store, that's pretty darn good!

No comments: