Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Going Home

Last night was brutal.  My leg cuffs that keep the circulation going, made it hard to sleep.  Then, they kept malfunctioning, so we disconnected them for a few hours.  I was hoping that would help me sleep, but my mind kept racing about everything I had to do for work, and I couldn't get comfortable.  I ended up sleeping for about 2 hours, and I'm afraid that Mitch didn't get much more than I did.  I think that also kept me up.  I felt really guilty that he was sleeping on that awful chair.

Mitch decided to work from the hospital today so that he could be there when I got released.  I spent much of the day working on getting financial documents to our lender as well as getting other things that our realtor needed for the house we're selling.  It was a very productive day considering it was spent in a hospital bed.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Mitch's day.  He had to run a couple of errands to get documents faxed and mailed, and he had to get lunch and stop at the drug store, so he only got about half a day put in.  It was super sweet of him to stay with me though.  The hospital just brings me down!  Having him there definitely made it better.

When we got checked out, they wheeled me out to Mitch's car where I got in.  Mitch drove me down to the parking lot where I got back in and got in my own car so that I could drive it home.  I'm thinking that's not their preference, but hey, you do what you have to do!

No comments: