Our first stop was the flamingos, followed by the aquarium. Witten loved looking at the turtles and the crocodile, which says "snorkel-ooo" when it sleeps according to Witten and one of his favorite stories.
We also saw the debra's (zebras), the gaffs (giraffes), and tigers which Witten can tell you say "zee-zo ha" when they sleep.
To see the more exotic animals, you have to go up a pretty big and long hill which is kind of difficult when you're 7 weeks away from your due date, so I found myself pushing the stroller because it helped me stay balanced, while Mitch pushed me. It actually worked really well. At some point on the hill, you curve around, and there was a Dip-N-Dots stand, so we stopped for ice cream. Mitch and I took turns giving Witten bites from our bowls instead of buying him his own. He LOVED it!
While we were eating, the lion came out of his hiding spot and started making a lot of noise. Based on the intervals, we decided it must have been a hairball, but it was cool to hear.
We wanted to get back around to the front side of the zoo so that we could see the monkey's, so we decided to take the train.
This is the beginning of the face Witten makes when he gets really excited about something. I wish I had caught him in the middle of it, but you can at least see how it starts.
After a stop for lunch, we took a quick stroll through the monkey area.
As you can see, after seeing the monkeys, it was time to head home for naps.
On the way home, we played Silly Stories with Elmo in an attempt to keep Witten awake. It BARELY worked!
We had so much fun, but we were disappointed to find that yet again, the inspector had cancelled, and now I have to get myself out of the house again for 4 hours on Monday. Man, I can't wait until this is all over!

No comments:
Post a Comment