Saturday, June 30, 2012

Holding My Baby Girl

At around 3am, we finished moving into our new room, and got Reese brought down to us so that we could hold her and feed her.  Because of the experience I had last time with feeding, I decided to bottle feed this time.  I wanted to make sure that feeding my baby girl was a fun experience rather than something I came to dread and even sometimes resent.  It was not an easy decision, and I know that many people may be judgemental of my decison, but I am doing what  feel is best for my family.

The first thing I did when I saw Reese was have Mitch bring her to me so that I could just snuggle with her.  There is nothing like holding your baby for the first time, and after having to wait 26 hours after delivering to even get to SEE Witten, and then waiting another week or so to hold him, 5 hours didn't seem so bad, and I had actually gotten to see her for a few minutes in the operating room. 

Daddy held her some more too.  As Aunt Laurie said, she's already got him wrapped around her finger!


Reese's nurse came in a few minutes later with some formula, so I got to feed her for the first time.  



We finally got to sleep some, but the nurse was in and out all night, and she was none too quite!  There was constant banging and slamming of our door and lots of noise being made with all of the equipment she was using.  We have had past nurses who sneak in and try to be as quiet as possible.  The noise meant that we slept about 4 VERY inturrupted hours which compliments the 2.5 we got the night before nicely.  Oh well...it's all worth it to see that cute little face!

No comments: