Friday, June 29, 2012

A Minor Setback

At 3:30 the nurse came in and checked on me and said that I was dilated to about a 5.  Everything was looking good because that was good progress from the last time that she checked, when I was at a 3-4.

My mom brought Witten in to see us a little while later, because it looked like Reese wouldn’t arrive until after his bed-time.  He had fun climbing up and down on the chairs but when the doctor came in at 5:30 they had to leave the room.  The doctor checked on me and said that he hadn’t noticed any real change.  Since I’ve had a C-section before, my uterus isn’t as strong as it used to be, and staying in hard labor could cause it to rupture.  He said he had a gut feeling that she wasn’t going to fit and that we were going to have to do a C-section, but he said he’d give me until 7:00 to show good progress.  After this news, my mom knew that I just wanted to be alone with Mitch, and she took Witten home for the night.


At 7:00 the nurse came in one last time and checked on me.  She said that Reese had moved down and that I was now a 6-7.  She had my new nurse, the night nurse, come in and check to verify her findings.  The night nurse agreed, and they called the doctor.

He decided to give me another hour, until 8:00, to show more progress, so now we’re waiting.  Hopefully he’ll see enough progress, because I’ve always wanted to deliver vaginally, and I do NOT want another C-section.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Girl! I'm praying for you! I had my first vaginally and c-section for the last 2. It is a much easier recovery with the vaginal. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get to experience it!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Jana! I really wanted to experience the vaginal recovery, but at least he seemed to be mor careful than the on-call doctor I had two years ago.