Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Summer Vacation?

Whoever named it Summer Vacation clearly never actually got the summers off!  Not that I'm complaining at all.  As a teacher, you can't get anything done during the school year because businesses aren't open outside of the school day.  Case in point, getting my new social security card after we got married proved to be more difficult than expected.  We got married in June, and in December, on my first day of Christmas Break, Mitch woke me up super early and made me go to the office to get my information changed.  Needless to say, I wasn't terribly happy with him at the time.

I have been on Summer Vacation for two extra weeks because of this bed rest.  It seems to be anything BUT restful so far though. 

I've been up to campus multiple times for various things,

I take Witten to school every morning which is 25 minutes away (this is his last week.) 

We had inspections on our new house that I needed to be present for. 

I have a two hour doctor's appointment every week which includes a sonogram and a visit with the doctor.  I of course spend WAY more time in the waiting room than I do in the office, and this week, their schedules were awful, so I have a sonogram scheduled at 9am, followed by an appointment with the doctor at 2pm. 

I spend hours on the phone and internet daily talking to realtors, moving companies, pool cleaning companies, our loan officer, and this week, I added the water, electric, gas, and cable companies to my list.  I still need to shut off Dish, forward our mail, and I think there was something else, but I can't remember at the moment.  (Being 36 weeks pregnant while trying to move is CRAZY!)

Witten has a 4 hour appointment with the urologist next Tuesday.  I'm not a fan of driving in downtown anywhere, so having to go to Cooks and figure out the proper parking garage and entrance is a bit of a stress point for me.  The following week, he has a follow up at some other office downtown.  I'm hoping that all looks well, and this will be the last summer that he has to have this awful test!  I feel so bad for the little guy.  He has no idea what's coming.

Of course, as soon as Reese comes, she'll have weekly appointments until she makes it back up to birth weight.  After that, I'm not sure because Witten was a bit of an exception.

Oh yeah...and on top of all of that, we're MOVING on Saturday!  What in the world were we thinking?  We are in full on packing mode at the moment.  I have lined up for a guy to drop off a washer and dryer tonight or tomorrow at this house.  We close on both houses on Friday afternoon.  We have movers coming first thing Saturday morning.  I am taking Witten to a birthday party that morning to get him out of the way, and to get myself out of the stress!  Then starts the unpacking.

This move is really quite a blessing, but that deserves it's own post.  As you can see though, by the time Summer Vacation is over, I'm going to need a break!

No comments: