Last Sunday, I had my shower at Pleasant Ridge. I had high expectations for this shower because I've been to the showers at PR my whole life. I know who shows up to all of them, and I know about how many people to expect. I've heard that my wedding has created quite a stir at church with many people wanting to show up to see what all of the talk is about. That raised my expectations. Well, the turn out was lack luster, and I was extremely disappointed, resulting in a bad attitude about the whole thing.
The group that threw the shower did a wonderful job. The cake was good, and very pretty. My floral arrangements were the mock ups for the wedding, and were absolutely beautiful. The punch was exactly what I wanted. They worked so hard on the shower, and all I could think about was "Where is everyone?"
After the shower, my mom told me that it was camp weekend, and many people were there, and that since it was the first weekend of summer, many more were on vacation.
The reason it has taken me so long to post is because I was ashamed of my attitude, and was not yet ready to admit to it, or say anything positive. I know that not everything is going to meet my expectations, and besides the showers that I have had, pretty much everything else has! I have a wonderful photographer, my flowers are beautiful and different and very artistic and just exactly what I wanted, my cake is going to look so great, and I have a bridesmaid in all the way from Africa. Everything has fallen in to place for this wedding, and I need to stop focusing on my showers, and focus on my marriage.
Please pray for me and Mitch that we are able to find time in the next two weeks to be with each other and to be patient with each other, and just enjoy this last few days before we become a family.
3 comments:
I told your mom that I was upset about the date for your shower a long time ago because we were going to be at camp!!! It was not a good day. I know that a lot of people were out of town. I'm so sorry that it was a disappointment for you.
JB
My mom said that she was running late to your shower and got there as ya'll were loading up the car. She felt terrible that she missed it! (Just so you know that there was one more person who came...you just didn't know it ;)
Thanks for the encouragement. I was notified after the shower of all of the conflicts, and I understand that the world doesn't revolve around me...as hard as that is to admit! :)
Post a Comment