Friday, June 01, 2007

Yea for the sunshine!

After 6 weeks of rain, the clouds parted, and I was able to get my bridal pictures taken at the canals of Las Colinas yesterday. There were a few glitches. My flowers didn't come in, so we had to resort to painting silks. Then, they were brought with the stems and ribbon too long, so my mom and I did a quick hack job on the way out the door. Unfortunately, my hair had just been done and then I sweated, so I had to bring the straightener with me. Luckily, my mom still owns the house in Irving that I lived in last year, and we went there to change and primp. It's only about 10 minutes from the canals, so it was perfect!

Sorry, but even if I did have pictures of the session, I wouldn't show you guys. I think you'll all be surprised by the dress, so it's going to stay under wraps until the "big day."

As for the rain, it's still sunny outside, unfortunately it wreaked havoc on our pool chemicals, and there was no chlorine in it, so I shocked it...and shocked it...and shocked it again. You see, I didn't realize that it's not going to get clear right away just because the chemicals are good, so now the chlorine is high, and the pool is a nice shade of turquoise. Oh well, maybe tomorrow it'll look better!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I'm so glad that you got the pictures taken!!! I bet they're beautiful!

I remember when I lived at home and my parents were doing the pool chemicals. It can be tricky! There were several times where we had a GREEN pool. Yuck!