Friday, June 01, 2007

For Megan

Megan, this one's for you, so I hope you check out the blog every once in a while.

I'm not sure how many of you remember this, but around 8th grade, we went on a retreat to Iron Springs. There were many fun plans that weekend, but the rain foiled most of them. All of a sudden, a few of us crazier folk ran into the vollyball area and began trying to play mud volleyball. When we realized that the ball hit too hard when muddy and wet, we simply began slinging the mud at eachother.

That was the fun part. The not so fun part was when Steve was waiting for us outside of the dorms with a hose. It was not warm outside, and the water was freezing!

I think about the incident every once in a while, and consider this to be probably my 2nd favorite moment in the Pleasnat Ridge youth group. (The first was of course our first Trek in 1995 with Staci and Dorothy, and of course some boys.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that! What a fun picture. :) Thanks for posting it!

And, I do check your blog on a regular basis. :)

Staci said...

I remember that! I also remember the '95 Trek. That was a really fun one because we had such a small group! Wasn't Cindy the other girl with us? That was fun.