Friday, June 15, 2007

A Hairy Beast

Jude is a beautiful dog. I always get compliments on him when I take him out. When I bought him (at the tender age of 20) the lady told me that he would only shed twice a year. Apparently he sheds for 6 months at a time because it is never ending. In the summer, I can take him to get that crazy blowing out of the undercoat thing, and then bring him home and fill up another plastic grocery sack with hair before I tire of it.

Here's a picture of Jude. All of the clumps that you can see sticking out can be grabbed with your fingers and pulled out without him even feeling it.


This is what my back porch looks like since it's his favorite place to stay out of the sun and wait for me to come outside with him or let him in.




This is my new vacuum. My parents bought it for us as a wedding gift. It has a special pet care system that it sure to get the dog hair up. I used it for the first time today, and only vacuumed the front of the house (kitchen, halls, and living room.)



And this is what my vacuum looks like now. Notice how full it is. Yes, much of that is dust, but look how much hair is in there!

2 comments:

Staci said...

I don't think it was the cottonwood tree in your post the other day...it was Jude's hair floating around your backyard!!!

suzspeaks said...

Happy Wedding Day! I'm so happy for you. I'm sad that we couldn't be there today, but I'll be thinking about you & can't wait to see pictures! I know you will be beautiful! Congratulations!!!!