Have you ever just felt full? Not like I can't eat another bite full, but rather, I can't put any more energy towards something, or fit one more responsibility in me before I explode full.
I tried to go to bed last night before 9. I got in there, got ready, and was under the covers by 5 after. Then I watched a little TiVO, and finally turned out the lights around 10:30. I didn't fall asleep until closer to 11, and then woke up a few times. At 3:56, the dog woke me up because she needed it out, so I waited a couple of minutes to give her the time she needed before opening the door and letting her back in. I have been up since then.
Why? Because I'm thinking about school. I'm thinking about how every time a kid gets a 0, I'm asked what else I'm doing to fix it. When I give a one page, single spaced list of my interventions for zeros, I'm told that it's not enough and I need to find more ways to fix the problem. I don't write many office referrals, but when I do, I am very thorough in my explanation so that there are no questions as to why the student was sent down there. Inevitably, our new AP either comes down to my room during class to ask me more questions about it (thereby undermining my authority in front of the student I sent the referral for as well as the other students in the classroom), or I get a note in my box stating that I need to call the parent before I can turn it in. Usually our AP takes care of that, but we have a new one this year, and she apparently has a different set of rules. On the other hand, we asked for one thing from her this year. We started asking it in November, and she didn't take care of the problem until March. This wasn't just a personal problem, but a problem affecting a student's ability to exceed, and it was put off for 3 1/2 months. I have to explain why I wrote an office referral for a student drawing someone with a gun on my desk, but when a student is not being successful and I have been asked what my interventions are for this particular student, and told to do more, she waits 3 1/2 months to take care of her interventions with the student.
Ok...done venting...if you made it this far, thanks for reading...going to lie down on the couch and try to salvage what's left of my night. All 1 hour and 12 minutes of it.
2 comments:
I get it... being married to a principal and all... and in private school he is the one doing a lot of answering! hang in there.. .hope your day is better!
Ugh. I'll be prayin' for ya.
Post a Comment