I think I stopped him too late though because just a few minutes later, after already having taken a wrong turn that took us 10 minutes out of town in the wrong direction, Witten was throwing up EVERYTHING! It was awful. I was sitting in the back with him, and I didn't have the presence of at the time to try to catch everything in the blanket we had brought for him. OH NO...I moved the blanket out of the way and just let him loose to puke all over himself and his car seat...and we were only about 30 minutes out of Estes Park which meant hours of fun still left in the pukey car!
I had Witten out on the side of the highway cleaning him up with baby wipes and changing him in the PJs we had saved out for tonight. The poor kid was upset and cold because it was still morning in CO, and he was now naked and wet outside on a highway. As soon as I had him cleaned well enough, we grabbed a blanket and wrapped him up it it. Once he was warm, I put his PJs on, and he enjoyed "driving" the car for a while.
Poor Mitch had the worst job. He had to clean up the seat. He took it apart as best he could, took the extra cushions out, which had the worst of it, and tried to get it smelling as fresh as possible.
It wasn't enough. A few more minutes down the road, and we were pulling into a Safeway in Bolder to get some Febreeze. That made a HUGE difference in the smell, and it wasn't even noticeable for the remainder of the trip.At some point, we decided just to drive straight through so that we would have two full days at home before returning to work. We stopped at a Chick-fil-A in Amarillo and got dinner. This is where we decided that Witten must get car sick like his daddy.
We had chosen a secluded booth in the corner where a very active toddler who had been in a car seat already for hours wouldn't bother anyone. This turned out to be the best decision we could have made because no sooner had Witten finished eating then he began to throw up. Luckily, I had thought ahead, and there was another pair of PJs in the overnight bag. I got those, along with an Arm & Hammer diaper bag to put the pukey clothes in, and we got him changed, back in the car, and we were on our way home again. (We notified Chick-fil-A of the mess. We didn't leave it there for some other poor soul to find!)
We got home sometime after two, and my mom has decided to sleep in our guest room for the night. Surprisingly, Witten was awake most of the night while we were driving. It took some time to get him settled down once we got in the door and got to sleep. Needless to say, we ALL hope he sleeps late in the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment