Monday, March 12, 2012

A Day Full of Nothing

My mom was gracious enough to let us sleep in today, and she took care of Witten in the morning. We went to bed about 9:30 last night, and I woke up at 8:30 this morning. It felt really good to get so much sleep!

We had planned to bake some muffins I brought from home but found that there was no muffin tin, so we made a muffin cake in a pie pan instead. It turned out fine, and we all enjoyed some cinnamon strussel muffin cake for breakfast.

When we were all done eating and showering, we sat around the living room on our various iPads and iPhones while Witten played with his books and puzzle. We kept talking about what we wanted to do today, but no decision could be made. Finally, around noon, we realized that Witten needed lunch so that we could put him down for his nap. Unfortunately, we hadn't made it out to the grocery store yet, so we embarked on a family outing to the local Safeway. We came home quickly and made sandwiches for everyone. I think Witten was too tired to eat though because he only made it through half of his PB&J.

As soon as he was down for his nap, the rest of us crashed. GranJan didn't want to sleep too long though for fear of not being able to sleep that night, so she just rested and got Witten up when he started fussing. Two hours later, I emerged from the room, still groggy, but feeling much better than I had when I went to lay down.

From there, we just lounged around the house until dinner time, made some soft tacos, put Witten in bed, and played a game of Phase 10 before all turning in ourselves.

Obviously the day wasn't too eventful because I didn't get a single picture. I just enjoyed being in the mountains, so nothing with three of my favorite people.

No comments: