Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cousins in Colorado

While we were looking online for places to eat for my mom’s birthday on Sunday night, she came across a place called Mollie B’s that had a review for being the best breakfast place in town. We decided at that point that we would stop by there one morning to see if the review were right. Well, this was that morning. Luckily, there was just one other couple in there while we were there. I say luckily because Witten was a bit of a pill, and had to be taken outside twice.

After breakfast, we decided to do some shopping in town. We hadn’t done this all week, and we figured that today was as good a day as any. Unfortunately, we got to breakfast in the 9 o’ clock hour which meant that we were done and out of there by about 10am. Since it’s still considered the winter season until Memorial Day, many shops didn’t open until 10:30 or even later, while others didn’t open at all until Memorial Day. We just went around to the places that were open which ended up being plenty. We got a few more things for Witten, a pair of PJ’s for me and Reese, and Mitch got a polo shirt. Mostly though, it was all for Witten.

I was beat by the time we got back up to the car, so we went back to the house where I didn’t even stick around long enough to unload the car. I got out and went straight to bed. Laurie and the kids were due to arrive in about ½ an hour, so I knew I didn’t have much time to sleep.

One nice perk about being in Estes Park was that we were only about an hour and a half from Denver which is where Mitch’s sister and her family live. They decided to come out and see us for the afternoon. They made it just in time to have a late lunch, then Laurie, Mitch, and the boys enjoyed running around the deck and on the front drive. I felt like a horrible sister-in-law/aunt, but I was SO tired still, so I spent much of the afternoon just sitting in the chair with my feet propped up.
We really couldn’t do anything outside of the cabin because the boys were on opposite sleep schedules. After lunch, I put Witten down for his nap. That lasted about an hour, then when he got up, Laurie put Johnny down for his nap. Johnny slept for hours! I was a little jealous. Witten just doesn’t seem to need long naps.

After everyone woke up from naps, we all went outside to play for a while.

Witten gave Johnny a big hug. You can't tell from this picture, but Witten is huge compared to his cousin. Johnny wasn't too sure of having this big guy hugging him. I was a little nervous that Witten would accidentally knock him over. It sure was sweet though.Mitch and Witten climbed to the top of this hill on the property, and Luke decided that he wanted to join them up there. If you'll notice, he's climbing in Cowboy boots. I was quite impressed with how well he did.Here's a picture of my boys at the top.And here are the three of them coming back down.Here's a picture of all three of the cousins together. This was the cute one.Here, you can see Witten isn't too into it anymore, and Luke is trying to talk to Johnny.And now we're just fed up!We made some more chicken fajitas for dinner, and then it was time for Laurie and the kids to head back home. We gave them all hugs, and then got Witten ready for bed in a pair of his new PJ's. (We weren't planning on putting him in these, but after I changed him into his first pair of PJ's, he threw up all over them and the bathroom floor. This was the ONLY clean pair we had left. They sure are cute!)

No comments: