We all decided to stop for a nice leisurely breakfast because we couldn't check in at our cabin in Estes Park until 3, and it was only a two and a half hour drive. We found this place in Pueblo and had the best pancakes I've even eaten!
They even made a cute one with a face on it for Witten.
Next, we made a detour in Colorado Springs to the Air Force Academy because Mitch had never been there. This happened about 10 minutes before we arrived.
Mitch, Witten, and I hiked down to the chapel to get some cute pictures. The worst part about it was that getting there was down hill all the way which meant a nice, uphill climb coming back. That didn't mix well with a tired pregnant lady, daddy, and toddler. We made it back to the gift shop though, and made a few purchases.



There was an overlook that Mitch wanted to stop at where you could see a lot of the planes, but when we got to the gate, it was closed to the public due to increased security. We did stop by this one on the way out of the compound though.
When we left, it was well after Witten's normal lunch time, and into his nap time. This is what happens to a tired toddler who hasn't eaten in hours.
We tried to pull in to a Chick-fil-A in the hopes of getting a quazi healthy lunch, only to realize that it was Sunday. Oops. We ended up at a burger place next door.When we got out, Witten had a nasty surprise for me, and there was no changing station in the restaurant, so I had to change it in my seat. Then, Mitch had to clean up the mess I had made because I had had about all I could handle.
Finally, we were on the last leg of our two and a half hour trip that lasted 7 hours! Witten conked out looking like this.
We pulled into the driveway of the house around 3:30, and were pleasantly surprised at how secluded it was. The house has it's own driveway up a steep hill. It's the only house on this hill, so you can see houses below, but there's absolutely NOTHING obstructing your beautiful view of the mountains. I'll have to post pictures of the view later, but you can get a peek just above the garage.
Since it's my mom's birthday, we took her out to the restaurant of her choosing. She chose this little Italian place called Mama Rose's. It was good, although a little pricey.
Unfortunately, Witten choked on some kind of green vegetable, and we left our second little nasty surprise behind at a restaurant. This time, it was wadded up in two nice, blue, cloth napkins. I feel a little bad about that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment