I was hoping to have some good old family fun on our first 4th of July as a family of four. I had thought we might be able to invite my parents over and go swimming and grill some burgers. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to get in the pool for a few weeks.
Then, I thought we could go to the park and then out for ice cream as a family. When I got up this morning, Mitch was feeding Reese who was REALLY fussy, and Witten was playing in his room with the door shut. Mitch said that Witten was being a bit of a pill as was Reese at the moment. I took over Reese duty, and he went to get Witten fed. Nothing made Witten happy though. Everything that Mitch did was wrong, even when he was doing exactly what Witten asked.
Reese started crying about two hours after she had eaten, maybe less. While that was going on, Witten was doing everything BUT what we asked him to. I was tired, Mitch was tired, and I was NOT feeling well at all. When I woke up this morning, my blood pressure was dangerously high (168/121 followed a couple of minutes later by 151/102), and I was seriously considering having Mitch take me to the ER. I decided to try to give my BP medicine some time to kick in.
I had a headache that just kept getting worse though, and with Reese screaming and Witten throwing fits, we decided we needed a plan. I asked Mitch to take Witten to the park so that he could have some special time alone with Daddy. Once they left, I decided that making Reese wait until the 3 hour mark to get her bottle just wasn't worth it, so I gave it to her a half our early. This made both kids happy, which made both VERY tired parents happy.
Mitch brought lunch home from McDonald's because it was quick. We got ourselves fed and Witten down for a nap. I decided to feed Reese a little early again so that we could all take naps at the same time. When I was done feeding Reese, I took my blood pressure again, and it was MUCH better. I decided to take another pain pill before I went to sleep (I had taken my first one since I got home last night.)
Within 30 minutes of getting Witten down, the rest of us were asleep. Luckily, Witten slept for 2 hours, so we all got good naps. When I woke up, my headache was worse again, so I took my BP. It was up. I couldn't figure out why this would be the case when I had been laying down for an hour and a half.
We went out to run some errands, and getting out of the house made me feel better. We had hoped to go to a 4th of July carnival, but with my BP so high, we decided it was better to stay near home. When we were driving, I realized that both times that my BP started to spike, I had taken the strong pain medication the doctor prescribed to me. Unfortunately, I had just taken one a couple of hours before, and based on how long it made my BP stay high, it looks like I've got about 15ish hours left before I feel better again.
When we got home, we got all dressed up for 4th of July pictures. These are the best of the ones I took. We'll be having a newborn session on Friday where we will get more family pictures as well as some pictures of Reese in some cute 4th of July apparel.
No comments:
Post a Comment