Sunday, July 08, 2012

First Sunday

We took Reese to church this morning even though she was only a week old. We were all feeling pretty good, and were ready to get out of the house and be in public for a while. It was especially nice because we sit with my parents, and my cousin was in town to help too. Reese was great. She cried during class, so I took her out to feed her, and we got finished just in time to go to service where she slept in her car seat the whole time. Witten was really good too which was quite helpful! I was SO glad that we went because Ryan preached an amazing sermon about how we wish our lives away, especially during the hard times, but that there are things to find joy in even when times are bad. When the only thing I hear some days from Witten is NO!, that sermon has helped me remember that at least he's still little enough to cuddle up in my lap after a tough day and say, "Pat me Mommy!" When he's older and isn't telling me no all of the time, he'll also be too big for that.
After church, we went out for Reese's first time in a restaurant.  We ate at Texas Roadhouse (yum!), and she slept through that whole experience too, which was nice because it meant that I got to eat!

Witten sat next to me, and he was being SO sweet.  I just HAD to get a few pictures.
This is a classic Witten silly face!

No comments: