Sunday, July 01, 2012

The Last Visit

The doctor gave us the option of going home today or tomorrow, but with the pain I've still been in today, and a two year old at home who doesn't understand that he can't climb on Mommy, I decided that it would be best to stay one more night.  It also means 24 more hours of getting the GOOD pain meds!

Last time I was in the hospital, I didn't take my pain medicine the first two or three days, and I didn't pick up my prescription for home.  Needless to say, I took too long to heal.  This time, I'm still being cautious with only taking it when I really need it, but I'm definitely taking it when I am in pain.

My parents and Witten came by for one last visit today before we head home tomorrow.  We hired a great photographer from churh who came up for about an hour and took pictures of us all together.  When she left, we took Witten down to the NICU to see his old nurses, and then he hung out with us for another hour or so.  One thing we decided to do to make this special for him too was buy him a gift that he got to open at th hospital.  I didn't take pictures of him opening the gift because the photographer got a bunch, but I did get some of him reading his new books and me reading to him.
 GranJan got a lot of time to hold her new grand-daughter.
I even got this super adorable picture of Reese sleeping on my chest, but it was taken on my phone, so the quality is grainy. 
I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to juggle two kids this summer, but I have a lot of help coming, and I know that we're going to be fine.  I am SO excited about our new family of 4!

No comments: