This morning was great. Witten woke up with a wet pull up, but it had not leaked, so that was a good thing. He played well in his underwear, and even stopped playing with his magnetic alphabet at one point and walked to the potty. When I thought he was going into his room which is carpeted, I called to him, but then realized he was going to the bathroom, so I praised him and told him to go back. I was so proud of him for stopping what he was doing and going to the potty when he needed to.
I asked him a couple more times throughout the morning if he needed to go. Sometimes he did, and sometimes he didn't. We did swim again for 30-45 minutes, and I of course can't be sure what happened in that time, but he went all the way up to his nap time with no accidents! I was so excited.
When he woke up from nap, his pull up was a little wet. Not bad though. I sent him to the potty because we had to leave for the doctor's office. He didn't pee on the way which was great, and I sat him back on the potty when we got there because he said he needed to go when I asked him (and boy did he go!) I thought that with as much as he emptied out, we would be good for the rest of the appointment. Boy was I wrong!
At one point, he told me that his juice had spilled. When I turned around, there was a huge puddle on the floor. Since he was using a sippy cup, I checked his pants and sure enough, they were wet! I told him that if he has an accident, he just needs to tell Mommy the truth. Then, I made him get the paper towels and clean it up as well as change his own clothes. The nurse said that she would get someone to clean it up, but I told her that part of our routine was to have him clean up his own mess. (I'm sure she got someone in to mop after we left!)
A few minutes later, another girl came in to give Reese her THREE shots. I noticed that Witten's new shorts had a wet spot, so I looked around and found not one, but two puddles! I made him clean those up, and then he had to change again. Unfortunately, I only had one more pair of underwear, but no more shorts. He had to put his wet shorts back on.
When we were leaving, I made him sit on the potty again for a few minutes, but he didn't go; he just kept saying that he was all done and wanted to get down, so we did. I reminded him not to pee in his pants on the drive home, but when we got home, his seat was a little wet, and his underwear was wet like he had gone, and not like it had transferred from his wet pants. I was pretty annoyed by that, so I made him go straight to the potty and sit where he went some more. Less than 30 minutes later, he had peed on the living room floor. Again, he had to clean it up and go sit on the potty.
Finally this evening, he told Mitch that he needed to go BEFORE he went on the floor. It was great! That's two times today that he has notified us instead of me having to remind him. Of course, that was followed by peeing in his high chair during dinner. (SO glad we hadn't let him sit in the "big chair"!)
Day two tally - 5 accidents
No comments:
Post a Comment