To say that I am discouraged right now would be an understatement. After making it all the way until nap time yesterday with no accidents, I'm sitting in the office trying to calm down from the craziness that has ensued this morning.
I bravely let Witten up on our bed this morning to watch Sesame Street while I fed Reese. I put the plastic changing mat and a super thick towel folded over multiple times under him. No accident. Then, while I was getting his breakfast ready, I sent him to the bathroom. He took off his underwear, stood facing his frog potty, and peed all over the floor, then started to clean it up with his underwear before I could get in there and see it.
During breakfast, he peed in his high chair.
It's now 10:30am, and not only has he peed in two pairs of underwear, he just made a different kind of mess in a third. EW! I was feeling pretty good about it until today...now, I'm just irritated and irritable! Maybe I can get my own nap during nap time, and we'll have a better afternoon. For now, I'm going to have to muster up every ounce of sugary sweet smiles I can just to make it through the morning.
Not discouraged enough to quit, but discouraged enough to have to remind myself every 30 seconds that this will work eventually, and everyone has to go through this at some point. Might as well get it over with now.
No comments:
Post a Comment