This morning, we got up late, got ready slowly, and headed to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. It was really good. We decided that since we had to take public transportation to the wedding, we were going to go ahead and leave after we ate. I think it was good planning, though we got there about an hour or an hour and a half early.
The wedding was downtown, and the chapel was really cute. There was actually a drive through lane where you could do a drive through wedding. We decided to walk around to see if there was anything to do near us, but we quickly realized there wasn't, so we went back to the chapel and waited on the bride and groom.
I was so excited to see Joanna when she came in. She looked beautiful, and very much like I expected her to look. She was so low key, yet at the same time, she still looked like a bride. Her mom and David arrived a few minutes later, and they began getting ready.
They wouldn't let us take pictures in the chapel because they wanted you to hire a wedding photographer from them, so I don't have any ceremony pictures.
After the wedding, we went out to a really nice steak restaurant. Mitch and I split a pork chop. I was HUGE, juicy, and the most delicious pork chop I have every eaten! We really appreciate Joanna, Kevin, and her parents allowing us to come along with them for dinner. I had totally expected to only see her for the wedding.
The restaurant even gave them some "wedding cake"!
I was even more surprised when Jo and Kevin wanted to meet up and go see the fountains at the Bellagio together. We met up with them at their hotel, and walked together to the fountains.
They were beautiful.
We said our goodbyes after the fountains, and Mitch and I headed to Mirage to watch the volcano show. Unfortunately, the show times listed online were not quite accurate, so instead of having to wait 10 minutes to see them, we had to wait 40. This also meant that we missed the pirate show at Treasure Island.
We walked home on the other side of the strip tonight, and stopped at a little candy shop for some ice cream. We also saw some street preformers playing electric cellos, so I had to get a picture.
When we got back to MGM, Mitch had to put "$5 on 7". A coworker gave him some money and told him to do this. Mitch went to get chips, and asked the girl at the counter what that meant. She giggled, had no idea, and sent us to a pit boss. He laughed too, said it could be one of two games, and we went to Roulette first. That table was super busy though, and we weren't feeling it, so we decided to try our hand a craps instead. The minimum was $10, so we watched for a few minutes, asked the guy working the table a couple of questions, and all of a sudden, he handed me the dice. I had no idea what to do. I started by truing to walk to the other end of the table because we were at the end that everyone was throwing to, so we thought that you had to throw that direction. I was stopped immediately. The guy asked me what I was doing, and when I told him, he said no, to just throw the other way. Next I began shaking them with two hands, but was quickly corrected, and told I could only use one. Finally, I threw. We lost that first $10. Mitch had gotten $20 out though, and I decided that there were too many rules to throwing, so I passed the dice off to Mitch and let him have a turn at it. We put $10 on 7 again, and Mitch threw a 7. We kept the $10 we made, put $10 more on 7, and Mitch threw another 7. This happened a few times until he lost $10 finally, so we quit. By the end of it, we were up $10. Then, I decided to put a dollar in the penny slots. I played for a few minutes, got up to $1.16, then got bored, and started spending more than a penny at a time until my $1 was gone. So...in Vegas, I'd say we came away winners with a profit of 9 big ones!





















No comments:
Post a Comment