Friday, November 28, 2008

3rd Time's A Charm

Yesterday our lender called. The woman we've been working with is so great, but she was almost in tears because every time we sent information for her to give to the underwriters, they came back and wanted more. Eventually, my mom signed a form stating that the money she gave was a gift, then I had to go to the church to sign it, and it was faxed to Mitch for him to sign too. An hour later, we were clear to move. Just in time for the movers to get there.
My dad came to take over babysitting the movers, and I went to the house to work. My mom was already there, unpacking our kitchen (as is her custom whenever I move.) I dropped off a load, and went back to the old house to get more and pick up the dogs.

I brought the dogs back to the house, and let them roam freely between the house and the back yard. Lucy took it to mean that it was all her domain though, and she pooped on the living room floor. The only other time she's ever pooped in the house is when she had giardia. Luckily, it was easy to clean up, so it wasn't a huge deal. Later, we found that one of the dogs had peed in a back room. We caught it just after the fact though, so that too was quickly cleaned and taken care of.

We ended up not having to pay the other people anything because legally, there was nothing that they could do. Our realtor told them that we would be out by 5, and we were. We never ran into them.

I tried to take a bath in our new jetted tub because I was so stressed and my muscles were so sore from 3 straight days of packing, but after 15-20 minutes of filling it, the water level was still quite low. I ended up relaxing in a tub of water that came up just over my legs when I was sitting down. Oh well.

By the time we went to bed last night, the bedroom was unpacked, and some of the clothes in the closet were put away. Then today, before we went to my parent's house at 1, we finished unloading the master bed, bath, and closet. I got the living room totally set up with decorations and all, Mitch moved all of the remaining boxes (only office boxes were left) into the house from the garage, and cleared the big garage for our cars, and I finished cleaning off the kitchen counter and emptying the random boxes from the dining room.

Here's a current view of the house.

This closet could double as a large nursery since the bedrooms are on the other side of the house.

This is the living room. You can see the dining room with no table on the right side in the back, and you can faintly see our cute wooden door with a window that you can open up to peek out.

This is of course the office. The desk will eventually be replaced, but for now, it's going to have to work. We are out of money for a while.

Here's the breakfast nook. It's bigger than our whole "dining room" in the old house.

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

Yea!! It is SO pretty...I can't wait to see more pics!

Get some rest!!