Saturday, November 15, 2008

Getting Work Done

Well, today the roofer came out to give us an estimate. It wasn't too bad, and we should be able to get out of it for a pretty good price when it's over. Then, Ron Rankey from PR came out to do some electrical work. He was great. He fixed some breakers that had wire that were too high of a voltage plugged in, and then fixed a switch for the pool light. Mitch had a great time standing out there with him, watching him work. He loves all of that stuff.
I spent my time in the garage, cleaning out old boxes, and filling my car with items for Mission Arlington. I'm hoping to have it full to the top tomorrow when we drive out there with the load. I'll take a picture at that point.

Last night we cleaned out most of the closets. The guest bedroom is officially the box room. We took apart the bed, and pushed all of the furniture up to one side. The rest of the room is just loaded with boxes.
The office has become the loading room for items that we plan to move ourselves (as opposed the the guest room which we are going to hire movers for.) It's not much to look at, so there's no picture.

I'm pretty stressed out these days. The realtor called today and said that the buyer still hadn't even agreed to what we were wanting to fix on the house, yet we've already had some of the stuff done. He always seems to be in a hurry to get off the phone, which causes us to forget our questions that we have for him until after we've hung up. My mortgage company on the other hand is uber friendly, and I love the woman I've been working with. We email back and forth throughout the day when she's asking us for stuff, and then we get on little tangents. It's fun. I must say though, that I don't want to sell another home for a very, Very, VERY long time!

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I wish I was your mortgage lady...it would be even MORE fun than you're having now!

Staci said...

Ugh. Just looking at all your boxes is making me dread moving again!!!