Monday, December 15, 2008

8 Things

I was finally tagged, and I ended up getting tagged twice. Yeah me!

8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. Cheesecake Factory
2. Simply Fondue
3. Texas de Brazil
(and now for the ones we actually go to frequently because you don't have to take out a loan to eat at them)
4. Cheddar's
5. Abuelo's
6. Olive Garden
7. PF Chang's
8. Babe's

8 Things that Happened Today:
1. tutored at 7:30am and at 4pm
2. got reamed in front of my AP for something that should have never been an issue
3. watched the first half hour of A Christmas Carol 6 times
4. wrote a card to one of my kiddos whose last day was today...told him that I was blessed to teach him, and to stay out of trouble, and make good friends at his new school...fought back the tears while I wrote
5. put on my new, cute, green jacket to go home
6. turned on the Christmas lights
7. ate peppermint ice cream
8. took a steaming hot shower (I didn't sing this time, but I did pray...this is becoming a habit...I hope I can keep it up!)

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. Triplets...(I figure I've waited long enough that I should get a 3 for...)
2. Adopting more babies...after the triplets...watch out Bridgwaters...you have 16 grandkids...I'm going for 16 kids...we may have to add on to the new house! :)
3. NYC in 5 days
4. moving the gun cabinet out of the third room, ANYONE WANT A GUN CABINET??? It still has ammo!
5. when 7th grade boys stop stinking...can I hear an Amen?!?
6. wearing PJ's for an entire day over Christmas break
7. a time when I get multiple comments for multiple blogs in a row...come on now...aren't I a little funny? I know there are no cute kids to oh and aw over, but hey...I'm cute right?
8. when it rains red koolaid, hails skittles, and sleets snowcones

8 Things I'm Scared Of: (I added this one because I thought you guys should know)
1. fish (I don't like things to touch me in the water)
2. birds...I shriek and cringe at the mear sight, and we can't eat at Cheddar's in any of the warm months (March-October)
3. floral prints
4. the Cowboy's never winning another Super Bowl
5. bugs
6. snakes
7. Santa (apparently sitting on his lap was more than I could handle when I was little)
8. being buried (I'm going to be cremated...I have this in writing now in case Mitch forgets...I will haunt you all if you let him accidentally bury me some day!)

8 Things I Wish For:
1. Babies (did I say this already?)
2. to have laser hair removal...I HATE ShAVING!
3. to meet Jason Witten
4. that my candle warmer in my classroom didn't make the candle explode up my wall (about 6ft high)
5. that the whole world was covered in glitter
6. that we could reach our roof so that we could put Christmas lights up
7. Christmas trees all year long
8. snow on Christmas

8 Things I Watch on TV:
1. Pushing Daisies
2. LOST
3. The Hills (What can I say? I like reality smut)
4. Big Bang Theory
5. Survivor
6. Project Runway
7. Top Chef
8. Top Design

8 People I TAG:
1. JB
2. Jennifer B.
3. Rachel V.
4. Loren D.
5. Mel B.
6. Michelle H-S.
7. Jana
8. Leila

6 comments:

Staci said...

I was most surprised by the wish that "the world was covered with glitter"!!

Gun Cabinet?!? Do you have pictures? I might be REALLY interested!

Amy said...

Becky (do people still call you that) I have been stalking your blog for a bit, please forgive. Staci is NOT allowed to look at the gun cabinet before I do! I'm not afraid of a fight! (i'm half serious/half joking) :)
Amy (green) Murphree

Amy said...

I also meant to say - I have enjoyed reading your blog and am glad to hear about how well things are going for you. Have a blast in NYC (it is our favorite place to go on vaca)
Amy

The Brackeens said...

That is WAY too many questions...It may take a while for me. :) And I had a few comments, but forgot them by the time I got to the end! And I am really praying for a White Christmas this year. We didn't get one last year! ;(

suzspeaks said...

good list!! I don't like birds either!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

If Amy and Staci don't get the gun cabinet. Talk to me. My dad would probably be really interested as well!!!!!

JB