Sunday, December 07, 2008

It's the Commercials

I'm sitting in front of the TV for like the 7th hour straight. It started out with the end of the Giants/Eagles game, followed by three disappointing hours of the Cowboys/Steelers game. Then there was the finale of The Amazing Race, my favorite team won. I had every intention of turning to the Ravens/Redskins game when the words, "Hallmark Hall of Fame movie" were spoken. Who can resist these movies?

I think the best one I've ever seen was the original Secret Garden. I LOVE that movie. I am currently watching "The Front of the Class". The movie is tolerable, and I'm sure by the end, I will be crying, actually, as I wrote this sentence, I almost started. The real gem though is the commercials. Now those are the real tear jerker moments. I hate to admit this, but I actually like them better than the Super Bowl commercials!

So imagine this picture...a girl who would happily spend 10 hours of her Sunday watching the NFC East play football, is instead sitting in front of a sappy, girly movie, trying not to cry.

PS...Mitch can't stand the movie, so I call him in for every commercial break. His exact words, "You are so cute!"

4 comments:

Staci said...

I'm so glad you didn't say who your "favorite team" is! We've been watching FB and haven't watched Amazing Race yet!!!

Rebecca said...

I was afraid that would be the case, so I decided not to say who won.

The Brackeens said...

There was a grown man who was talking about those commercials the other day. He said it was self-incriminating since it showed he watched those movies! ;) I don't guess I've ever seen any of them, but they must be good! Can you believe those stupid Cowboys blew it at the end???

Anonymous said...

To answer your question about cami's clothes...I've been getting a lot of them at Gymboree lately...I never thought I would be a gymboree shopper, but I've actually figured out that with coupons and sales they are not much more expensive than Target and last longer, plus have great resale value. You can't beat the cute factor of gymbo! a lot of her stuff is carter's, too.

p.s. i love yhe picture in your header. it's great!