I found the perfect house. I was in the Young, Martin district, which I like. I had a pool and hot tub out back, along with enough yard left over for Jude to play in. I was 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and had a jacuzee in the master bathroom. At over 1600 square feet, it was a steal for the low low price of $89,900. So of course I called a realtor and asked him to show me the house. He made a few calls, and called me back. It turns out that this steal had already been stolen. It had been under contract once before, and that had fallen through. The bank got the origional buyers paperwork in order though, and he put a new contract on the house.
Now, I know what you're going to say...that area, that many aminities, that price?!? There's got to be something wrong with it. There were no pictures online of the inside of the house, only the exterior front and back. I'm assuming that it needed a little work inside. Even so, put in a contract of maybe $95,000-$97,000 and ask for $10,000 cash back from repair on the home. The seller gets almost what they ask, and I get the money I need to fix it up without having to take out a second loan. AND, it's still under $100,000 in the most sought after district in Arlington. But alas...it wasn't meant to be.
Sorry, no pictures of the house. Instead, I'll leave you with a picture of my house in Africa because it's all I've got handy.

This is the house.
This is the school a few yards from the house. Well, I had the picture, and then I accidentally deleted it and it won't let me re-upload it.
This is the yard. Isn't it great?!? We had a teather ball, volley ball court, basket ball court, and soccer field.
1 comment:
It is hard to shop for and finally buy a house. I will pray about it because i know it can be very frustrating. Good luck!
becca
Post a Comment