Anyway, so I dont' get in trouble, here's what I've been up to for the past couple of weeks. Vickie Dudley and the boys came into town and seeing as how I'm only worthy of being visited once every 3 visits, and it's been 3 visits since she's seen me, I got to hang out with them. (How's that for mentioning you guys Vickie?!?) :) Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We talked all afternoon and the boys were huge. Here's the most recent picture I have of them, which I believe is 2 1/2 years old.

I also got to spend about 24 hours with Leila. She spent the night with me last Wednesday. We just sat up and talked until 3am. Then we got up late, and talked some more before trying to eat lunch at Pei Wei. Unfortunately, we were in the middle of the lunch hour, in the middle of Las Colinas, so the wait was too long. We ended up at Cheddar's. (I don't really understand the apostrphe in the name. Anyone have any insight on that one?) Anyway, we had so much fun, but I had to get her back in the hands of another former teacher, and distant relative of hers, to pick up the Tyler's, another missionary family, from DFW. I was sad that it had to end so quickly, but it was great to see her again.


The rest of the time, I've just been enjoying my last week of summer. I have a ton of boring meetings next week, and then the kids come back. How scary is that? I wasn't too great at the first day of school thing last year, although it went better than I had expected. I guess the more of them I have, the easier they'll get.
I've also been cleaning out the house. I've only made it through two small closets so far, but it's a start. I reduced my book boxes from 9 to 4. Most of the books that are going are Interior Design books. Books that literally cost me over $1000. I have listed some of them on www.half.com, I don't know what to do with the rest. Half Price books may give me a quarter for them. I'm also getting rid of about $100 worth of candle making stuff. It's amazing how much money we waste on things that we don't end up using. I made candles for a bit, got bored with it, started moving a lot, and they ended up in storage for a few years. It's time to clean out the waste!

This last picture is just on here because I was testing blogger, and now it won't let me delete it.
2 comments:
I'm glad you posted that last picture! It's a cute one of the 2 of you! So that was Koby & Ethan 2.5 yrs ago!!!! I can't even begin to imagine how big they'd be now! They were so little when I taught them how to swim. I'll never forget that I finally got Koby to jump off the diving board b/c he was pretending like he was Robin and I told him Batman needed his help...so he jumped! lol
That is one of my favorite pictures of the boys! Ethan is quite a ham! I'll have to email you a more recent photo.
Post a Comment