Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School 2007

Yesterday was our first day back at school. I hate to admit that I was that boring teacher who spent the whole period going over class procedures, but at least I warned the kids that it would be the most boring day of the year, at that by going over these procedures, they wouldn't have to have homework.

If this is any indication of the first day, this is what I sent my principal today. "Is it normal for your entire body to ache after the first day, and for you to sit lethargically on the sofa until 9:00, when you then leave your husband to deal with the sick dog and go to bed???"

The second day was much better, and I think my kids like me better today because they weren't so bored that they were drooling!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I think standing up all day makes your body ache! I guess you build up stamina over the school year. Look at it this way...you burn more calories by standing! I saw a 20/20 one time where a guy was trying to get people to stand up all day (even at work) because it would make them healthier!