Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Puppy Fever

I may not be able to keep up with everyone else when it comes to getting married or having babies, but by gollie, I can buy puppies with the best of them. After writing this blog, I checked out everyone elses and read Jana's about a new puppy, followed by a comment from JB about a new puppy. It's puppy fever...Megan, Staci, Suzanne...where are your puppies?!?

Ok, onward to the post...

I finally cashed in on my wedding gift voucher from Mitch. Jude has been lazy for the past couple of years, and he is getting up there in age. He is 7 1/2, and a big dog. Big dog's don't tend to live as long, and I want to do anything I can to prolong his life. We went to the vet for a rabies shot among other things, and I talked to her about getting another dog. She suggested anything under the age of 6 months, and we definitely wanted something with the same temperment and size as Jude. I think we found that.

Yesterday we went out to a Siberian Husky Rescue and picked out a little 3 month old female. We stood at the kennel with 2 females and a male, and had a really hard time choosing between the girls. One of them was just SO friendly, and was begging us to take her home. The other one was beautiful, and much more independent. At one point we thought we might get two, but we finally settled on the prettier one, who was actually very lovable, and I went to pick her up this afternoon. Jude seems to really like her so far, and she seems fine with him too.

Right now we are all just hanging out in the nice cool living room. Lucy is eating a bone, and Jude is staring at her. Yes, her name is Lucy...you Beetles fans...figure it out...Jude...Lucy (no, I did not name Jude for the Beetles song...)!
Here are a couple of pictures.

1 comment:

Staci said...

LOL! My puppies came 7 and 8 years ago. We DON'T need anymore right now! Yours is cute though :)