Saturday, May 01, 2010

Family Shower

Last Saturday we had our first baby shower. I know it's a little early, but we want to have our showers while people are still in town. We learned that lesson after having our wedding showers in the middle of the summer. Unfortunately, three families were down and out due to a stomach bug. VERY glad they didn't bring it to the shower and spread it around, but they were sure all missed!
Our shower was jungle themed. We have gone with a more grown-up jungle look. I'm not so into the baby jungle animals.

My wedding cake was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever eaten. It was orange with a butter cream icing. The sample and the actual cake were a little different though. My sample was so small that it didn't have any orange zest (or crunchy pieces as I like to call them.) I was very surprised to crunch into my actual wedding cake. I suggested that we order my shower cake from the same place, but get it without the zest. My mom assured me that she could make a really good orange cake and just add more orange flavor so that the zest was not missed. She made a cake and a stand of cupcakes and they were SOOO good!
My mom also made a diaper cake at my request. She did an amazing job, and has decided to add them to her business line. If any of you are in the market for a diaper cake, give her a call!
I did take a picture of the loot that we got at the shower. Everyone was so generous, and we just really enjoyed sitting around and visiting for 4 1/2 hours with family. I'd say that opening presents was probably my least favorite part of the whole thing (not that I didn't like what we got, but it halted the visiting, and people stared at me for a few minutes.)

1 comment:

Staci said...

CUTE cakes!!!