Sunday, May 30, 2010

Witten's Milestones Week 2

Witten is doing great. He's finally starting to gain weight, and this weekend he sprung up from 2lbs 8oz to 2lbs 11 oz. While he was in my tummy, he was a little ahead of the curve on weight, but since he's come out, he now weighs more than he would if he were inside there. I've got to keep reminding myself that he's going to grow differently now that he's on the outside.

His ears are starting to get their cartilage and look like regular ears. I asked the nurse about his ears a week ago, and she said that they would look normal once he got more fat, and of course she was right.
Today Witten went off the bubble C-pap and went onto the regular breathing tube thingy that drapes over your ears and into your nose. I think he's WAY ahead of the curve on breathing.
He's also been sucking since week 29. That's great news because they don't typically begin sucking until week 32, so he's WAY ahead in that area too. I think that they'll be starting him on bottle feedings soon too. I get the feeling that the sooner he starts these feedings, the sooner he'll come home. Pretty soon we'll just be waiting on his weight so that he can come home. I'm still hopeful for July 4th. I have faith that God can bring him home by then.

No comments: