Monday, May 10, 2010

Marshmallow Man

Do you remember the huge marshmallow man at the end of Ghost Busters? That's who I feel like. I can't fit my shoes on anymore without untying them every time. (Tragic I know, but I haven't untied my tennis shoes since I bought them.) I also can't wear my rings anymore. I had just my wedding band on in church yesterday, and almost got it stuck. Oops.

These are the remaining marks from the hospital. I still haven't managed to get all of the tape off my hands.
This is from their first attempt to get an IV in my swollen arm. You can't see the bruising as well in this picture, but there is a bruise from that tape line on my wrist all the way up the middle of my hand to the ring finger knuckle. In person you can see it, but it's one of those deep bruises that is under the skin.

This is their second attempt at getting an IV in my arm. The bruising is obviously more pronounced on this one. They actually blew this vein. We were finally able to get an IV in my other arm on the third attempt.

I had a couple of scares this weekend where I thought that I was going to have to check back into the hospital, but I settled down, stopped moving around, and managed to get my bp back down. Based on how high it got from moving around, I know that I made the right decision with my doctor to stay home the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I found tape residue for 2 weeks in all kinds of places! And again after my stitches dissolved and I could take off the butterfly bandages. So are you down til july? Let me know if there is a certain day of the week you would like to shoot for. Zeke and I will bring lunch and see you every week!