Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I Stink

Well, I went into the hospital on Sunday night (late) with a really bad headache. It wasn't my intention when I called the nurse on duty at my OBGyn to end up here, but here I am none the less. She was afraid my blood pressure was high despite my assurance that when I took in 10 minutes ago at home, it was 111 over 85. She wanted it taken at the hospital. The hospital that's 32 minutes away from home with no traffic. Luckily, it was around 9:30 Sunday night. There was no traffic. We got there and with my blood pressure as high as it was, 180's over 90's-100's, they said that they couldn't let me go, so I was admitted for the night. The doctor on call came in and I asked her about leaving Monday because I'm a teacher, and it's not as easy for me to just not show up for work. She assured me that not only would I not be there Monday, but I wouldn't be there Tuesday, AND, she couldn't imagine that my regular doctor (whom she works with) would let me return to work in a junior high for the rest of the year with the blood pressure problems.

I called in to work to let them know what was going on. I didn't have a lot of info, but I gave them what I had. I later received a call from my principal to check on me, a call from one of the English teachers to check on me and see what they could do for me to get my classes through the rest of the year (they were luckily having a department meeting Monday afternoon, so she was getting some info from me to pass on to the rest of the teachers), and a visit from the head of the English department at our school. She came by to take notes on what I needed, and to laugh and say over and over again, "Better you than me." She doesn't want kids at all, so she'd been really upset if she got pregnant in the first place, much less, ended up in the hospital with complications. It was really nice for everyone to stop by and call.

I had a sonogram, and everything is fine with the baby. He's a good size, he's moving around a lot, and he's got plenty of fluid surrounding him. They had made me sign a waiver allowing the to deliver if needed (we're only 27 weeks right now), but that is not necessary.

I got a phone call yesterday from the doctor's office, the lady in charge of the calls didn't realize they had admitted me into the hospital, and she told me that my results of the glucose test were a little high, so I have to do a 3 hour. I'm trying right now to get that done this morning, but the doctor still hasn't come in, so it's getting a little frustrating!

It's not too bad being in here, but they did put an IV in...I wasn't happy about that one. I also stink...bad...It's time for a shower! If I can't get out of here today, I'm going to jump in that shower tonight. I may have to do it once the nurse has left me alone for the night, but it needs to happen!

Currently, I have no definite info other that I'm obviously not going to work today, and it's been 12 hours since I ate anything.

3 comments:

Staci said...

Yikes! That's not fun! I checked your blog as soon as I got home from work b/c Mom said they had an email from PR about you being in the hospital. I'm glad it's not b/c you are in early labor! We'll pray that you get to go home soon.

suzspeaks said...

oh no! I'm glad you're ok though!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Which hospital are you at?

JB