I know I just did two milestones this week, but this news was too good not to share right away. Witten is starting his feeds again today, a day early. He's getting about 1/5 of his feed today and they'll increase it daily to where he's getting full feeds within 3-5 days. I asked if he would start bottle feeding once he moved to full feeds, and he said that he was bottle feeding today! I can't even express the joy I'm feeling right now! He also said that they would start trying to have me breast feed once he's on full feeds, so that could be as early as the middle of next week.
They moved him down to a 1 liter nasal cannula, and instead of moving him to a 1/2 tomorrow, the plan is to completely take him off of oxygen. They are also quitting the caffeine he's been getting through his IV. It's to help with apnea, but he hasn't had a spell in a week, so the doctor thinks he's outgrown it.
This is all amazing news, and I just can't wait to see what this week has in store for us. I have been praying all along that Witten would come home on July 2nd, and I've been told that that's just not possible at this point, but I feel like it's coming soon. This is the first time I've seen a light at the end of the tunnel!
1 comment:
So have you tried nursing yet?
Post a Comment