Sunday, June 13, 2010

Witten's Milestones Week 4

This week, Witten has grown up to be quite a chunk at 3lbs 13.6oz. He is so close to getting out of an isolete and into a big boy bed. That's the good news. On another note, he has had some set backs. He was tested for infections due to his erratic breathing last Sunday, and they found 2. They are minor right now, but can grow to be pretty major if not treated. He will be on antibiotics for 7 days. When he finishes those, he will be tested to see how his kidneys are developing. If his bladder seems to be pushing some of his urine back into his kidneys, he'll be on some other antibiotics until he grows a bit more and can manage on his own.

He's still struggling to breathe room air, probably because of the infection, so I'm not sure how much longer he's going to be on Cpap. He can't start trying out the bottle until he gets off of Cpap, and he can't come home until he's using the bottle 100% of the time and he can breath on his own.

We still have a ways to go, but I know how many prayers are lifted up for him everyday, and that gives me comfort, even when I'm feeling sorry for myself because he's not home with me.

All in all, it's been a pretty okay week. I'm happy with the progress that we've made in the area of his weight, even though we have had set backs in other areas.

I have no pictures this week because he pretty much looks the same, and he has the bubbles on his face. As soon as he gets the bubbles off, we will get his one month pictures.

No comments: